Sunday, September 5, 2010

Smugglers Run 2010 Orcas Island

It had been years since I had been up to Orcas Island, I was excited. The last time I was there my old band Section One played the grand opening for the Scott Stamnes Skate Park, that was a wild weekend. For years after Benny would hit me up at work "Dude, You Have To Go With Us To Orcas This Year", he had been going up for four years in a row and every year I was too busy with work to go. This year was different, everything fell into place and I was able to go. Here is our story...

Smugglers Run 2010...



The wait for the ferry...









These have to be some of the ugliest birds that I have ever seen...











Arriving At Orcas Island...



The hike in to the camp site was brutal, we made the decision to take our supplies and gear all in one trip, not sure if that was a good idea, but we did...





Obstruction Pass camp site was awesome, we set up camp and headed over to the point (A section of rock that protruded out in to the Ocean) just on the outer side of our camping site...



















Mountain Lake Day II















Dan on the Rope Swing...




Eric G. on the Rope Swing...


The Rope Swing was awesome, all though I managed to strain muscles in my neck and shoulders (another down side to hiking everything in one trip to the camp site) when I went off it. It was worth it...

















Casade Lake Day II







This was the best swimming spot that I have ever seen, on the way to this spot we stopped at the local store and bought floaty's (Cheep inter-tubes) that kinda looked like the side of a tire, one side was missing the letter L in it so it read Ve osity instead of Velocity, it made for a good laugh...




Obstruction Pass Camp Site Day III





My hammock ruled, best purchase I've ever made and yes I brought a tent too. Both nights I fell asleep to Sea Lions cackling in the distace and Whales slapping their tails in the water, it was relaxing to say the least...












Krysten sprained here ankle the night before on a rock, so in the middle of the night Brent & I scoured the woods for a walking stick, as Brent found one I encountered a Raccoon, it ran up a tree ten feet from me and starred me down. I walked the other way with my machete in tow. Both days we encountered Deer and Chipmunks in our site, by the time I got my camera out they would vanish to quick to get a picture...







Breakfast was great, both days, Dan can cook like a maniac...






Dan holding down his cooking station...





Cascade Lake Day III











Skyler Was In A Bit Of Pain After The Cliff Jump...







Orcas Island Skate Park Day III






Mt. Constitution Observatory Day III





Skyler & I getting epic at the observatory...





















Waiting to Leave...









Homeward bound...

No comments: